Tuesday 31 July 2012

Food Matters

Over the weekend I watched two documentary's on health - in particular, they focused on how what food we put in our mouths really does matter to overall health. The first movie, Food Matters, spoke about Micro and Macro foods and the importance of vitamins and minerals to help the body repair itself without taking any pills. This movie got me thinking about what I was putting in my mouth, and how I can improve the general inside health of my body. So I went out to my cupboard and cleaned out all foods that had aspartame and other bad food additives. Luckily, there wasn't much that I had to clear out - so alcohol, sugar (never use the white sugar anyway!) and just a few other random items.

Later that night, I watched Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead. This movie focused on the important of micronutrients in the form of fruits and vegetables. It followed an Australian, Joe Cross, in his 60 day raw juice reboot. He consumed nothing but raw fruit and vegetables which he made into a juice for breakfast lunch and dinner each day. Quite an interesting movie.... Anyway, my FI and I thought that we might give fresh juicing a go for a few days to expel any toxins in our system - I would like to make it very clear that we are not doing it for weightloss - this is a reboot to get our bodies ready for an awesome upcoming 12 weeks. Originally we were going to do 7 days, but I think I'm just going to go for the three (if I even last that long!). Raw juicing is very hard!! I'm not hungry at all after the first day (getting in close to 1200cals), I do feel a bit dizzy which is expected due to the body starting to release the stored toxins, but I am missing the crunch of food and the convenience of normal food! Anyway, we'll see how I feel tomorrow - if no more juicing, I have a lot of raw vegies and fruit to crunch on!!

Oh, nearly forgot, but....YAY ME! Jumped on the scales yesterday morning, and not only did I achieve mini-goal 1 (66kg), but I was only 600grams off mini-goal 2 (64kg)! So, I am readjusting my goal weight for the kick-off to 62kg!


No comments:

Post a Comment