Tuesday 24 July 2012

Habits....


Well I definitely had Tuesdayitis today! But I got through! Turned my alarm off at 5am and rolled back over for more sleep.....hmmmm....not the start to the day I was hoping for! Tomorrow I will JFDI at 5am with a bit of TurboFire! I still went to the gym tonight; however, it wasn't a rip-roaring session, but that is OK! 444 calories have been burnt so that is better than nothing. I will really try and push myself tomorrow morning with my session then though! No excuses!

I did feel empowered though today! I went out for lunch with a friend and there were so many yummy choices to choose from....but I chose a Chicken Caesar Salad. Now I know some people will say that there are still a lot of calories in this dish, but I did feel that it is better than getting a chips with chips, bread, deep fried or lots of cheese (which I cannot resist the temptation to eat!)! For me, this was a really good decision - plus, I also made the contentious effort not to eat everything in the bowl and there actually wasn't much dressing, oil or bread in the dish! I usually always finish a meal, even when full, but today I left all the pieces which I felt had the most amount of dressing. I also got a small skinny latte, where I would normally order a large chai latte! So I think I did a rally good job at making small changes. I think if I can continue making these small changes, they will form habits and then just a way of life without thinking that I am sacrificing certain foods and therefore ending up on a binge fest!!!

Meals
Breakfast - Porridge with Cinnamon Apple Salsa - 231 calories
                - Tea - 2 calories
Lunch - Chicken Caesar Salad - approx 476 calories (according to CalorieKing)
           - Skinny Latte - 96 calories
Dinner - Thai Beef Salad - 225 calories
            - 1 cup of milk - 110 calories
TOTAL = 1140 Calories

Exercise
1 hour Gym workout - 444 Calories

Cals in v Cals out =  -707 Calories


1 comment:

  1. Well done Bree. Looks like you've had a great day. Congratulations.
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete